On the eve of Green Beer Day, I could not be more excited for the holiday that honors the country that I lived in for a summer. For the joyous occasion, I have a few simple rules:
- Drinking any and all combinations of Guiness and Jameson with the occasional Magner’s chaser
- When drinking Guiness, make sure it has been poured correctly; hold the glass at a 45 degree 3/4th full, let sit until the beer has settled, then hold the glass perfectly straight, fill to the top, and enjoy!
- Wear my special St. Patricks’ Day shirt (that two of my best friends have as well)
- Talk in an Irish accent (albeit, not well)
- If a bar doesn’t have bagpipes, it doesn’t have my business
This year, my celebrating has already begun, starting with spectating the Saint Patrick’s Day marathon, followed by a very green parade with a horde of bagpipes, beer and shamrocks that was sure to capture the essence that is Ireland.